Release Notes V-Bien 6.5.8
Please read the following release notes carefully, before continuing. When installing this update on a Collax V-Bien cluster the following steps have to be performed:
/ Important information
Please have a look at the Collax V-Bien 6.5.28 Release Notes if the nodes have Version 6.5.26 or above and haven’t been updated yet. For this update, it is necessary that both nodes are set in maintenance mode simultaneously.
- Click at High Availability within the Dashboard.
- Select the other (not the local) and change into the Start Maintenance dialog.
- Now, put this other node into maintenance mode by confirming the query in the dialog. Wait until the maintenance mode is reached. Depending on the number of virtual machines and hard disk, this can take some time. Virtual machines will be migrated live, which can take a few minutes depending on the size of the RAM. The progress will be displayed in the list of background activities.
- Close the dialog.
- In the list of nodes, select again the other node whose software is to be updated by right-clicking it.
- Change to System Update ….
- Click Check for Updates. The completion will be displayed as “100%”.
- Click Download and Install. This function will download the latest software packages from the update server and install them. The completion will be displayed as Install - 100%.
- Close the dialog and set the node to active.
- Please repeat this procedure for the local node.
Update from Version 6.5.0 with Browser Firefox Version 30
If processing an update form 6.5.0 the browser Firefox version 30 can display the messageError: Network Timeout. The update process will continue in the background and can be followed via the job notification.
New in this Version
With the storage volumes logical disk space and hardware disks are linked together. This works with both cluster nodes. In each cluster is always at least one storage volume available. This volume is linked to the primary storage and is called “default”. Because virtual disks exist in the logical storage volumes, it is possible to arrange the data areas of virtual machines on different hardware disk space. Storage volumes can be used to assign specific virtual machine instance certain fast hard disk (SSD) when required by the applications.
Download software packages
In order to check for updates and download software packages from the update server, you had to start Maintenance mode on the V-Bien node. This restriction will be removed with this release. Downloading the latest software packages from the update server is possible in Online mode.
Active monitoring of Interconnect link
The ethernet connection between the V-Bien nodes is going to be monitored within this update. If an Interconnectlink is broken, because the cable of the device is not connected, a notification will be sent.
Linux Kernel 3.10.75
This update installs Linux kernel 3.10.75.
V-Cube+: Windows Setup notes Error Message 0x80300001
If Windows Server 2008 R2 and above is to be installed on Virtio hard disks using the Virtio driver CD for Windows, Windows reports the error code 0x80300001. The error message occurs if the partitions are recognized and the user clicks the button Next. The message means, that the installation CD of Windows needs to be inserted again.