Release Notes V-Bien 6.5.4
Please read the following release notes carefully, before continuing. When installing this update on a Collax V-Bien cluster the following steps have to be performed:
/ Important information
Please have a look at the Collax V-Bien 6.5.28 Release Notes if the nodes have Version 6.5.26 or above and haven’t been updated yet. For this update, it is necessary that both nodes are set in maintenance mode simultaneously.
- Click at High Availability within the Dashboard.
- Select the other (not the local) and change into the Start Maintenance dialog.
- Now, put this other node into maintenance mode by confirming the query in the dialog. Wait until the maintenance mode is reached. Depending on the number of virtual machines and hard disk, this can take some time. Virtual machines will be migrated live, which can take a few minutes depending on the size of the RAM. The progress will be displayed in the list of background activities.
- Close the dialog.
- In the list of nodes, select again the other node whose software is to be updated by right-clicking it.
- Change to System Update ….
- Click Check for Updates. The completion will be displayed as “100%”.
- Click Download and Install. This function will download the latest software packages from the update server and install them. The completion will be displayed as Install - 100%.
- Close the dialog and set the node to active.
- Please repeat this procedure for the local node.
Update from Version 6.5.0 with Browser Firefox Version 30
If processing an update form 6.5.0 the browser Firefox version 30 can display the messageError: Network Timeout. The update process will continue in the background and can be followed via the job notification.
New in this Version
Linux Kernel 3.10.49
This update installs Linux kernel 3.10.49. It fixes an issue with the futex system call. The update refers to
Important System Components
The following important system components will be installed with this update.
- Cluster Engine CoroSync 1.4.7
- Distributed Lock Manager Library libdlm
- eSAN Data Replication Software
- Intel CPU Microcode Update 20140624
- Sysfs Virtual File System Utils
- Data Synchronisation rsync
- OpenSSL 1.0.1.h
- GnuTLS-Library GNUTLS-SA-2014
- Software component job-notify
Implementing new GUI-Elements
Changes in the Web interface are not adopted directly in the system. For this reason the performed changes are listed and can be activated. With this update the notification and status is going to be improved and more detailed.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Config Objects Not Available After Renaming
If a virtual hard disc or a host in the cluster was being deleted and added again in different spelling, this could lead to a failure. Within this update, this is being fixed. Hard discs and hosts can now be added in small- /capital-spelling.
eSAN Disks Not Available
It could lead to problems when a newly created virtual hard disc had been added. The synchronisation could fail under certain circumstances due to a wrong port assignment in the software. This update resolves the issue by assigning a unique port to each virtual hard disc.
Virtual Machine Can’t Be Managed Temporarely
If the job notification system of the Collax System failed, it wasn’t possible to manage virtual machines. With this update this is fixed and virtual machines can be managed even if the notification system won’t be available for a short time.
If the Cluster Interconnect was interrupted for a short time, this could lead to a high system load. In the meantime it was not possible to access the Cluster Share and the system log file was full of messages. With this update this is fixed and a patch is being implemented.
Shutdown Of An Linux VM With Ancient Kernel
If a virtual machine was shutdown through the management dialogue of the Cluster it could happen that the virtual machine didn’t switch off. Mostly VMs with old kernels (up to version 3) were affected. With this update this is fixed and a patch is being implemented. You can now switch off previously affected VMs.
eSAN Disk Were Suspended Temporarily
In case of a defect and an automatic fencing event, it could occur that some of the virtual hard discs were not usable for a short time. This mostly happened in large environments with many virtual hard discs. With this update several patches are being implemented to optimize the internal storage subsystem together with the Cluster Resource Manager. After a fencing event, all virtual hard discs are available.
Basic Settings Wizard when using Firefox 30
Within the last version of the Firefox browser (version 30) the setup of the Basic Settings Wizard led to a network timeout. This information was wrong and you had to klick the error message away. With this update a patch for the administration GUI is going to be implemented which considers the changes included in the Firefox Gecko 30 engine.
V-Cube+: Windows Setup notes Error Message 0x80300001
If Windows Server 2008 R2 and above is to be installed on Virtio hard disks using the Virtio driver CD for Windows, Windows reports the error code 0x80300001. The error message occurs if the partitions are recognized and the user clicks the button Next. The message means, that the installation CD of Windows needs to be inserted again.