Release Notes CSG 7.1.10
Collax Security Gateway
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
E-Mail: Newest Version of Spam Filter SpamAssassin
The additional filter SpamAssassin is used to identify e-mails as spam. The SpamAssassin team has fixed four vulnerabilities. For more information, see here . A gap can be exploited with prepared email attachments. With this Release, SpamAssassin is updated to the current version 3.4.4.
Please note: On March 1st, the SpamAssassin project will change the format of the ruleset updates. From this date on, only systems that have installed this update will receive updates.
Add-on Software: New Version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus und Anti-Spam
The Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) and Anti-Spam (KAS) SDK components is updated to the current version 8.8.1. At KAV, the detection of malicious macros in office documents such as Emotet, is improved.
System Management: Linux Kernel 4.9.210
This update installs Linux kernel 4.9.210.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Security: Important security relevant System Components
This update will also install/update the following important system components:
Net: Firewall matrix and deletion of own services
The firewall matrix offers a unique visual representation of regulated network connections for continuous data packets. Here you can set for each service whether a connection establishment is allowed or prohibited. In addition to known services, other own services can be defined and set manually. After deleting a previously defined service, all firewall rules were also deleted due to an error. This update will fix this.
E-Mail: Avira AntiVir prior Version 7.1.6
From Avira, an automatic update of the core components of Avira has been carried out. In this context, a new dependency of the libraries has been added, the next time the virus scanner is not started can be resolved. The result is that the virus scanner does not work during a reboot or configuration change is restarted. For security reasons, emails will no longer be delivered. To solve the problem, please update your server to version 7.1.6. Note: As long as the virus scanner is not restarted, it works in its entirety.
E-Mail: Changed ruleset format of Spam Filter SpamAssassin
Please note: On March 1st, the SpamAssassin project will change the format of the ruleset updates. From this date on, only systems that have installed Update 7.1.10 will receive updates.