Release Notes CSG 7.0.28
Collax Security Gateway
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
Misc: Anti-Virus Toolkit ClamAV
The Open Source virus scanner Clam-AV offers comprehensive antivirus protection for email services. Within this Collax system update the scanner is updated to the newest version 0.100.0.
After updating and the automatically reboot of your Collax Server you have to do a manual pattern update under “Software->Virus Scanners->Update clamAV”.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Security: Remote Login Program OpenSSH
In the source code of OpenSSH security holes have been discovered. These holes will be closed within this software update to OpenSSH 7.7p1
Security: Microcode update
To protect against Specter V2, it is necessary to perform an update of the microcode. With this update, this happens automatically, without having to update the BIOS. Also see here :
Collax Advanced Networking: SSL-VPN: Access to RDP Applications
Collax SSL-VPN provides features to connect employees without installing access software to the corporate network. For access, only a common browser is needed. For remote access to internal computers, RDP can be used as an application and can be made available via the user page. Due to a restrictive permission within the manifest file, with current browser versions, it was no longer possible to establish an RDP connection. This will be fixed with this update.
Add-on Software: Avira Antivir Pattern Update
The virus scanner software Avira Antivir offers comprehensive virus protection for the mail server, file server and web proxy. Due to an incompatible option within the updaterfile avupdate.bin and the configuration /etc/avupdater.conf the update of the Antivir Patterns was aborted. This update addresses this behavior.
After updating and the automatically reboot of your Collax Server you have to do a manual pattern update under “Software->Virus Scanners->Update Avira Antivir”.
E-Mail: Collax Virus Protection powered by Kaspersky prior Version 7
Version 7 of the Collax C servers has updated the anti-virus engine and the format of the patterns. This was done to respond to new threats with the best possible protection. Patterns for versions prior to 7.0.0 will be available until December 31, 2017. From 01.01.2018 Kaspersky will not update the patterns for Collax version 5 and older. All installations using the Collax Virus Protection module should therefore, be brought up to date.
E-Mail: Collax Avira AntiVir prior Version 7.0.24
Version 7.0.24 of the Collax C servers has updated the anti-virus engine and the format of the patterns. This was done to respond to new threats with the best possible protection. Patterns for versions prior to 7.0.24 will be available until December 31, 2018. From 01.01.2019 Avira will not update the patterns for Collax version 7.0.22 and older. All installations using the Collax Avira AntiVir module should therefore, be brought up to date.