Release Notes CSG 7.0.16
Collax Security Gateway
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Security: Collax Anti Spam powered by Kaspersky™
For detection of emails as spam and phishing, Collax Anti Spam is used. This update makes corrections and improvements to the integration.
Web Proxy: Web Proxy Rules
Due to a form error in the program code of the Web Proxy DB files, certain URLs could not be properly filtered. This is resolved with this software update.
E-Mail: Collax Virus Protection powered by Kaspersky prior Version 7
Version 7 of the Collax C servers has updated the anti-virus engine and the format of the patterns. This was done to respond to new threats with the best possible protection. Patterns for versions prior to 7.0.0 will be available until December 31, 2017. From 01.01.2018 Kaspersky will not update the patterns for Collax version 5 and older. All installations using the Collax Virus Protection module should therefore, be brought up to date.