Release Notes CSG 7.0.14
Collax Security Gateway
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
Security: Important security relevant System Components
This update will also install/update the following important system components:
- mariadb 10.0.31
- libgcrypt 1.8.1
- postfix 3.1.6
GUI: Clean-up form statistics
In the dialog “Clean-up” in the menu Status->Toolbox->Clean-up it is possible to remove the data saved by the GUI. Within this release the system statistics can be removed.
Security: Collax Anti Spam powered by Kaspersky™
With the Update 7.0.14 for Security Gateway, Business Server, Groupware Suite und Platform Server Collax introduces
the new product Collax Anti Spam powered by Kaspersky™. Collax Anti Spam contains a bunch of new and up-to-date
applications to guarantee the security of email-servers. With Collax Anti Spam you can setup complex mail-gateways
on base of Collax Servers. Collax Anti Spam uses a hybrid apporach, in the cloud an on-premise, to protect against
spam and phishing mails. Some of the methods are cloud-based and enable an effective detection and blocking of emails.
Web Proxy: Flushing the Proxy and Certificate Cache
With this new feature you can empty per click the content of the certificate and proxy cache. The proxy is restarted automatically. The procedure is shown in a status window. You can find this under Services-> Web Proxy->Status/Maintenance->* Clear Cache*.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Net: VoIP/SIP Connection tracking Helper
For exchanging SIP audio packets over a firewall a special SIP connection helper is required. With the SIP connection helper is it possible to export the dynamic audio data via UDP (User Datagram Protocol) to track and change on firewall level. Due to an error were packages incorrectly marked and routed through another interface with the consequence that you could not hear at least one participant in SIP calls. This update will fix this broken module for the kernel you are using.
System Management: Monitoring Media Erros on LSI Controllers
Within this update the active monitoring of media errors on LSI RAID-Controllers has been customized. Up to now a warning information for hard disks with a single media error has been issued, although the controller was able to handle those errors and correct them automatically. From now on the warning threshold is 100 errors.