Release Notes CSG 5.8.26
Collax Security Gateway
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
32 Bit EOL
From this version on the support ends for 32-Bit Collax server systems. The upgrade to Collax version 7 can only be proceeded with 64 bit Collax server software. For further questions please contact your Collax IT professional dealer.
New in this Version
Notes and Preparation for Upgrade to Version 7.0.2
This version shows notes and special information for the upgrade to 7.0.2 in the dialog System → System Operation → Software → System Update. Additional checks are performed to ensure that enough free disk space is available. Result are shown in the dialog mentioned above.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Hardware: Bootin into GRUB>
With this update the grub files in /boot are replaced because the disk address of ‘stage2’ (or stage 1.5) is stored in the MBR and changing files in /boot may change the location of said file. Older versions of the installer did not create “/boot/grub/device.map” and updating the bootsector also failed. This has caused the boot failure where the system stopped and showed GRUB>. With this update that error is fixed.