Release Notes CSG 5.8.24
Collax Security Gateway
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Security: MySQL Database
In the source code of the MySQL database security holes has been discovered. These holes will be closed within this software update to version MySQL 5.5.52.
Assigned Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) numbers:
GUI: Import of Config Files
Configuration files of Collax server are used for easy managing of one or more servers. Due to an parsing error the import was aborted with the message Can´t “continue” outside a when block. From this update on the import of a configuration to the system is possible again over the Web interface.