Release Notes CPS 7.2.6
Collax Platform Server
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to Menu → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this version
System Management: Linux kernel 5.10.98 and Hyper-V module
With version 7.2 a new kernel was introduced (5.10). This no longer had the modules for Microsoft Hyper-V guest support loaded. When running Collax C-Server as a virtual machine on a Windows server, this resulted in the hard disk no longer being recognized and an infinite loop during booting. With this update this is now fixed by installing the new Linux kernel 5.10.98.
VPN: Fix for IKEv2 with Microsoft Windows breaks after 7.6 hours.
VPN connections with IKEv2 and Microsoft Windows' on-board means are interrupted after exactly 7.6 hours. The error occurs because Microsoft Windows proposes different algorithms during the IKE re-encryption than during the first connection. The problem can be solved with a registry fix by changing changing the value “NegotiateDH2048_AES256” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters to 1 is set.
At the following link you can find a REG file (registry entry) that adds the registry key. Collax assumes no liability for system errors resulting from this.