Release Notes CPS 7.2.2
Collax Platform Server
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to Menu → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this version
System Management: Linux Kernel 5.10.93
A known security hole in the kernel is closed with this update. The vulnerability allows logged-in users to escalate their privileges. See link. The bug is fixed by updating the kernel to version 5.10.93.
System Management: Open-VM-Tools 11.3.5
The Open-VM-Tools package provides a set of services and modules that enable multiple functions in VMware products for better management and seamless User interactions with guests. This update installs the latest version open-vm-tools 11.3.5.
VPN: Fix for IKEv2 with Microsoft Windows breaks after 7.6 hours.
VPN connections with IKEv2 and Microsoft Windows’ on-board means are interrupted after exactly 7.6 hours. The error occurs because Microsoft Windows proposes different algorithms during the IKE re-encryption than during the first connection. The problem can be solved with a registry fix by changing changing the value “NegotiateDH2048_AES256” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters to 1 is set.
At the following link you can find a REG file (registry entry) that adds the registry key. Collax assumes no liability for system errors resulting from this.