Release Notes CPS 5.8.2
Collax Platform Server
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
GUI: Current system time
Collax Server offer extensive possibilities to analyze the entire system. The left-hand side of the menu features some important basic information about the product. This field displays the uptime since the last system boot and the average system load of the last minute, the last 5 minutes, and the last 15 minutes. From now on this field also displays the current system time in the local time zone.
GUI: Statistics Form
The statistics form is going to be extended. The section Network Links is showing detailled usage graph statistics of all configured network links.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Security: GNU Bash - ShellShock
In the source code of the GNU Bash security holes have been discovered. These holes will be closed within this Collax software update.
Assigned Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) numbers:
Backup/Restore: Status Messages and Recovery Information
If backups had been executed an email with the recoveriy information is going to be sent to the system administrator. In addition a separate backup target can be specified where the recovery information will be backed up. Because of an error the recovery information could not be created. Only virtual C-Servers are affected. With this update the creation works correct.
E-Mail: Saving of Spam Whitelist/Blacklist
The dialog Spam Whitelist/Blacklist is for administering a list of sender addresses for which no spam filtering is performed. Similar to the whitelist, a list is used to administer a list of senders whose e-mails are always classified as spam by means of a high spam score. Because of an error the dialog couldn’t be saved and an error message popped up. With this update the dialog can be saved again.
Zarafa Groupware: Retention Period Bricklevel Backup
You can back up the mailboxes, tasks, contacts and appointments with the brick level backup. It merely serves as a supplement to common backup mechanisms. The retention period indicates how long the backed up elements will be kept. The introduction of a new scheduler lead under certain circumstances that the retention period for full backups was wrong. This is going to be fixed with this update.