Release Notes CPS 5.5.14
Collax Platform Server
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
Issues Fixed in this Version
GUI: Errorneous Web GUI Elements when using Firefox 29
With the next version of the Firefox browser (version 29) the elements of the web administration GUI of Collax servers are going to be errorneous and the administration of Collax servers won’t be possible in an appropriate way. With this update a patch for the administration GUI is going to be implemented which considers the changes included in the Firefox Gecko 29 engine. Collax recommends to install this Collax update to ensure the administration of Collax Servers using the Firefox browser latest until the release of Firefox 29. Click here for Firefox 29 Release Date . Alternatively Firefox 24.4.0esr can be used for the administration.
Collax Communication: Fetchmail - Reduce Notification of bad email-header
An notification email was sent to the administrator if fetchmail saw incorrect header lines. The number of notifications is reduced to one email per day with this update.