Release Notes CGS 7.0.16
Collax Groupware Suite
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
Kopano Groupware: Kopano File Previewer Plug-In
With this Collax software update Kopano File Previewer Plug-In for Kopano WebApp is beeing implemented. This plugin allows the user to preview attachments from inside the WebApp. Find more information on:
Issues Fixed in this Version
Security: Collax Anti Spam powered by Kaspersky™
For detection of emails as spam and phishing, Collax Anti Spam is used. This update makes corrections and improvements to the integration.
Collax E-Mail Archive: Reorganite Indexing
A re-structured indexing of the mail archive data enabled RAM memory usage to be lowered. The change affects only complete re-indexing.
E-Mail: Increased required space when using IMAP and full-text index
The option “Generate full-text index” in the options of the dialog “Mail and Messaging -> Mail Storage -> IMAP and POP3” generates a full-text index of the local IMAP folders which accelerates the search within the IMAP folders and e-mails. While activated, the system could use up to 20% more space compared to the former release (also with activated index) for the service cyrus. Please check the space requirements of the service cyrus in advance. Under the dialog “Status -> System -> Statistics” the graph “filesystem/data” shows further details.
E-Mail: Collax Virus Protection powered by Kaspersky prior Version 7
Version 7 of the Collax C servers has updated the anti-virus engine and the format of the patterns. This was done to respond to new threats with the best possible protection. Patterns for versions prior to 7.0.0 will be available until December 31, 2017. From 01.01.2018 Kaspersky will not update the patterns for Collax version 5 and older. All installations using the Collax Virus Protection module should therefore, be brought up to date.