Release Notes CBS 5.8.4
Collax Business Server
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
Misc: Important System Components
This update will also install/update the following important system components:
- openssl 0.9.8ze
- clamav 0.98.6
- bind 9.9.6p1
- wget 1.16
- perl-email-address 1.905
Issues Fixed in this Version
Security: Glibc - Ghost
In the source code of the Standard-C-Library Glibc security holes have been discovered. This hole will be closed within this Collax software update.
Assigned Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) number:
Table of contents