Release Notes CBS 5.8.22
Collax Business Server
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
Zarafa Groupware: New Version ZCP 7.2.4
With this Collax software update the new version 7.2.4 of Zarafa Groupware is going to be installed. The memory leak that could potentially lead to instability, depending on the load of the server is fixed with this version. Please note that with this release some packages are not distributed anymore, since they have exceeded their support lifecycle period or have been superseded:
- Zarafa Backup and Zarafa Restore is being replaced by Zarafa Backup Plus
- Zarafa WebAccess will not be shipped anymore, Zarafa WebAccess is fully replaced with Zarafa WebApp.
Additionally, the support for Outlook 2010 and 2013 Clients has been improved. Please find more details of this update here:
Zarafa Groupware: Zarafa Backup Plus replaces Bricklevel Backup and Bricklevel Restore
You can back up the mailboxes, tasks, contacts and appointments with the new performance optimized Zarafa Backup Plus. It merely serves as a supplement to common backup mechanisms. The collax integration enables the same administration procedures as before. Note: Based on system changes between the version ZCP 7.2.1 and ZCP 7.2.4 it won’t be possible to restore existing backup data of Zarafa Bricklevel Backup of version ZCP 7.2.1.
Zarafa Groupware: Zarafa WebAccess is omitted
With this Collax software update the new version ZCP 7.2.4 is going to be installed. With the new software packages included in the ZCP 7.2.4 it won’t be possible to use the Zarafa WebAccess. Therefor the Zarafa WebAccess is going to be replaced totally with Zarafa WebApp. Please note, that users need to use to Zarafa WebApp from this version on.
Zarafa Groupware: Compatibility to Kopano DeskApp from Version 1.0.70
With this Collax software update the new version ZCP 7.2.4 is going to be installed. Please note that this version is compatible to Kopano DeskApp 1.0.70 and higher. Find more information about Kopano DeskApp on
Hardware: Skylake™ support within installation process
This update of the installation process of the ISO medium provides the support for Intel® Skylake™ platforms. The setup menu shall be set to the text mode additionally.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Collax E-Mail Archive: Endless Error Message
If a wrong password was given within the archive search, the error message was displayed in an endless loop. That was caused by an not successfull RPC call. With this update the EventSource is going to be closed in that case. The endless loop is stopped and the archive search can then be continued.
Zarafa Groupware: Backup Date of Version 7.2.1 are not restoreable
Note: Based on system changes between the version ZCP 7.2.1 and ZCP 7.2.4 it won’t be possible to restore existing backup data of Zarafa Bricklevel Backup of version ZCP 7.2.1.