What is Split-Brain?
The situation where both nodes have taken full control and all functions without being able to communicate with their counterparts is called split brain.
The negative effects of a split-brain situation in an HA cluster can be prevented using the Collax Fencing Device. The delimitation procedure isolates the cluster node that can no longer be reached. This prevents the node in question from continuing to access data that the cluster hosts share, for example, on a shared storage system. This preserves the integrity of this data.
- Effective protection against split brain and deathmatch
- Independent communication channel
- No admin fencing necessary
- No quorum with three nodes required
- Expandable with Collax Fencing Expander
- Automatic configuration