Release Notes CGS 7.1.10
Collax Groupware Suite
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
Kopano Groupware: Kopano Core 8.7.9
With this Collax software update the new version 8.7.9 of Kopano Core is going to be installed. Please find details here:
E-Mail: Newest Version of Spam Filter SpamAssassin
The additional filter SpamAssassin is used to identify e-mails as spam. The SpamAssassin team has fixed four vulnerabilities. For more information, see here . A gap can be exploited with prepared email attachments. With this Release, SpamAssassin is updated to the current version 3.4.4.
Please note: On March 1st, the SpamAssassin project will change the format of the ruleset updates. From this date on, only systems that have installed this update will receive updates.
System Management: Linux Kernel 4.9.210
This update installs Linux kernel 4.9.210.
Add-on Software: New Version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus und Anti-Spam
The Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) and Anti-Spam (KAS) SDK components is updated to the current version 8.8.1. At KAV, the detection of malicious macros in office documents such as Emotet, is improved.
Issues Fixed in this Version
File: Samba and user rights
The software package “Samba” is used on the Collax Server for directories in Windows networks (shares). Due to a bug in Samba version 4.9 in the last Collax release, files created by users cannot be changed by other users. The error is corrected with this update and the old behavior is restored.
Security: Important security relevant System Components
This update will also install/update the following important system components:
Kopano Groupware: Database conversion after update 7.1.6
The Kopano database is automatically converted for update 7.1.6 after the server is restarted. This process can, depending on the database size, take between half and several hours. In the dashboard this background task is visible as a job. The Kopano service is not available at the time of conversion. Before the update, make a complete backup of the data. When the conversion is complete, the Kopano service is restarted. Subsequently, further optimizations and schema changes are made. In this time the services Kopano and MySQL may not be stopped.
E-Mail: Avira AntiVir prior Version 7.1.6
From Avira, an automatic update of the core components of Avira has been carried out. In this context, a new dependency of the libraries has been added, the next time the virus scanner is not started can be resolved. The result is that the virus scanner does not work during a reboot or configuration change is restarted. For security reasons, emails will no longer be delivered. To solve the problem, please update your server to version 7.1.6. Note: As long as the virus scanner is not restarted, it works in its entirety.
E-Mail: Changed ruleset format of Spam Filter SpamAssassin
Please note: On March 1st, the SpamAssassin project will change the format of the ruleset updates. From this date on, only systems that have installed Update 7.1.10 will receive updates.